Sunday, June 26, 2011

Anime Review #4: Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 0





I'm not a fan of this anime, but I watched it out of curiousity since I heard it was much better than the Yu-Gi-Oh show centered around Duel Monsters, the card game. Comparing Yami in this anime to the sequel series, he's much better.

Characters/Cast: 8/10

The only characters I truly found interesting in Season 0 of Yu-Gi-Oh were Yami and Kaiba. Both Yami Yugi and Kaiba had a much darker side to them in Season 0, which made them more developed in the prequel series. Characters such as Joey (Jonouichi), Tea (Anzu), and Tristan (Honda), I believe were much improved in the making of the sequel series. Plus, an original character named Miho, wasn't included in the sequel series mainly due to the fans disliking her.

Outside Yugi, Kaiba, and Bakura, Season 0 lacks a great set of characters.

Plot/Storyline: 4/10

The numerous plots of Season 0 are very repetitive and dull. It mainly centers around little Yugi or one of his friends in trouble, and Yami comes in to save the day by challenging the antagonist to a shadow game (usually not Duel Monsters.) I only enjoyed the action revolving around Kaiba, in which is similar to the first episode of Season 1, and Bakura, the final antagonist of Season 0.

Atmosphere: 6/10

I don't think you'll really be much of a fan of Season 0 of Yu-Gi-Oh unless you've seen the series we all grew up with. Then again, anime lovers will like this because it's not entirely about playing a card game and has a variety of different games played. It's very dark compared to the sequel series, so I wouldn't say everybody would enjoy Season 0.



Overall: 6/10


________________________________________


Honestly, I think my reviews for this show are too low... It's not my type of show, really, but I do believe it's much better than the sequel series. But please tell me your opinions, still. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment