Saturday, June 4, 2011

My Top Five 90's Anime Characters (so far...)

Here's my list from the animes I've seen so far in the 90's. It might not be too interesting of a blog right now, but as always, I'd love to hear everyone else's list, too. :)

5. Kurama Yoko from Yu Yu Hakusho

Ah, Kurama... When I first turned on the TV to watch Yu Yu Hakusho, he was the first hero and supporting character of the show I laid eyes on. His rose whip and character, all in all, is what made him my favorite character from this anime. I always thought he was on par with Hiei, another of my favorite characters from Yu Yu Hakusho, but this was a hard choice, so I chose Kurama as my hero of my childhood.

4. Sasami Jurai of Tenchi Muyo!




Yep, a lot of fans love to argue over who their favorite Tenchi Muyo! girls are, but between all of them, Sasami was my favorite. Unlike the other two main girls, Ryoko and Ayeka, Sasami seemed to act out as the cool girl, and not try to drool over Tenchi like everyone else. Her little girl personality is another thing I love about her, and plus she seems to be more responsible than her older sister. But yes, Sasami's cheerfulness is something that shaped my childhood, and I love her character up to today.



3. Son Gohan of Dragonball Z




I'm not a fan of Dragonball Z, but he deserves a spot in my list. If you ask many typical Dragonball Z fans, they will tell you their favorite characters are either Goku or Vegeta. Gohan, on the other hand, was THE Dragonball character which shaped my childhood in the 90's. Being the son of Goku, he's proven throughout the series to be even stronger than the protagonist, and has a really dark story behind him involving his power. The fight between him and Cell is no doubt one of my favorite anime fights of all time, and very memorable for a DBZ fan. But above all, Gohan reminds me of myself in some ways, such as he doesn't like hurting others, takes his studies seriously, and is very protective of his friends, which is why I gave him this spot in my list.



2. Heero Yuy of Gundam Wing

The silent, yet deadly protagonist of Gundam Wing... Need I say more? The story behind him is just fascinating, and his role in one of the best mecha anime series' of all time is thrilling. Being a lone soldier at war with the world and himself, he fights through a hopeless war in space and Earth, while trying to find his reasons. Of every anime hero in my life I've seen, Heero holds my favorite character and personality superior to any other protagonist.



1. Hotaru Tomoe/Sailor Saturn of Sailor Moon


My favorite character in probably my favorite anime ever is Sailor Saturn, the soldier of Destruction and Rebirth. If you've watched Sailor Moon S, the third season of the show, you will see and relate to Hotaru's dark past and story, which will grow on you as the season progresses. Just like Son Gohan of DBZ, she doesn't know her own powers and wishes not to hurt people, but deep inside her is a destuctive power which can destroy planets, that is Sailor Saturn. But, what makes me love Hotaru's character the most, I was just like her at one point in my life a long time ago, very shy and distant from the world. It was tough in choosing my favorite scout, between Saturn, Mercury, and Neptune. But what makes Hotaru Tomoe different, is I can relate to her in so many different ways, especially as a person, and that's what makes her my #1 character on this list.



__________________________



What five anime characters shaped your childhood? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment