Thursday, June 2, 2011

My Opinion on Anime Crossover Fanfiction

So, I decided to take a stroll on fanfiction.net one day, and browsed through what people made stories about some of my old favorite anime, particularly Sailor Moon, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Gundam Wing. Of course, some of my friends who are die-hard anime fans have always reviewed the site as being dull and annoying for many reasons... But I didn't want to jump into conclusions like that, so I visited this fanfiction site for the heck of it. :P


Well, I was impressed though not entirely amused... Most of the fanfiction in the past I've read were Dragonball/Z, Naruto, and Sailor Moon stories. Today I just focused on reading the Sailor Moon crossover ones, which some I found interesting while others made me go "what in the world?" I would say more than 50% of the fanfics I browsed were romance/couple stories, in which a character from one show is paired up with another character from another. I'd say, out of those crossover stories, I like with 1 out of every 3 of them.


As for the other fanfics I browsed outside Gundam Wing and Sailor Moon, I was more like "meh." Some of the fanfics I speed-read were just hilarious, especially the crossover ones where I kept thinking "how is a crossover like this possible?" xD


Overall, though, my view on fanfics is really just plain. I don't like reading them, in particular, but I don't hate fanfiction either. In fact, I respect lots of people for unleashing their imagination of their favorite shows through fanfiction, too. :)

1 comment:

  1. It's REALLY hard to find good fanfiction. Literally only 10% of all fanfiction is actually good. The other 90, not so much. xD I personally don't read fanfiction, unless someone gives me a recommendation. Just cause I find it rather time consuming to go looking for the good ones myself. lol xD

    I think any crossover fiction is possible. But they're really hard to execute well. In fact, I personally think crossover fics are the hardest types of fanfcis to do correctly.

    ReplyDelete